Fusion Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markmantei

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering picking up a used Fusion with either a Tech or Bullet skin. When I look at the Whites sizing chart, I am at the high end for the L/XL and the low end for the XXL/XXXL (I'm about 6', 200lbs). Any suggestions on which may be better? I want to be respectful of the local Whites dealers, so I don't want to go in and try on suits that I don't really intend on buying, but I want to make sure I get a suit that will fit. As far as thermals go, right now I am using fairlly thin thermals with a compressed neoprene suit, but we get water here that is in the high 30's to low 40's, so moving to a trilam based suit I figure I will probably need some warmer thermals as well.

Thanks,

Mark

Cant help you with sizing. But you will definately need more thermals. I went from a Bare Compressed neo to the whites and my first dive was cold! After that I got the right amount of thermals and I am comfortable in high 30's to low 40's.

Underarmor cold and the thermal fusion undergarment work well for me at those temps.

Go bigger. I'm at the high end of the xx/3x suit - even tried one on at the White's booth at Beneath The Sea and they said it looked fine -- this was without undergarments though. Thru a happy accident I ended up with the 4x suit (which I'm at the low end of) and it fits perfect. (This is with the Bullet Skin, which apparently has less overall stretch than the other skins). I'm using the rather fluffy ThermalFusion undies, but even with just shorts and t-shirt (for trying it on) there's no sign of bagginess.

Also, if you're looking at needing undies anyway - check with those dealers and see what they can do. They may be able to move on price more than what they are allowed to advertise once you're talking about a "package". Can't hurt to give them a shot at the deal.

I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs and fit fine in the L/XL, even with a thick undergarment.

Hey Mark, obviously trying them on is the best indicator(as you mention), one of the best features of the suit is that because of the design going up a size has a significantly less of a difference than regular suits. I fit the xxl/xxxl but prefer the 4xl for its ability to accommodate thin and very thick under garments. There is someone on the board who is a size M and occasionally dives her husbands L/XL. One size up shouldn't be all that noticeable. I believe you are a member of AUC, maybe post on FB that you'd love the chance to try suit on for fit. When you are ready to buy, let me know as I have a coupe of leads for good deals on new and used.

Jay

I'm 5'11" and 205 and wear an L/XL. It's snug (not tight) but I like that.

6'2" and ~235-240lbs. Fusion Bullet XXL/XXXL and love it. Enough room to move around in even with the Thermal Fusion on underneath.

Go bigger. The skin will take up the slack.

Considering selling mine to get a bigger one. So I can wear more underwear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom