Fusion Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zippo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How tight should the white fusion with tech skin fit around your lower leg?
I wear a 2xl/3xl and Glacier MK2 Base John Undergarment and it
Feels very tight around my lower leg. How tight is too tight?
Thanks

Is it the inner bilaminate bag that's causing the tightness, or the outer neoprene/lycra skin?

Can you squat fine? Do a semi-split as far as without the suit? Or more generally, is your movement restricted, or is the suit just so tight that you are afraid the lower-portion might burst open any second like a pair of cheap pants several sizes too small?

The bilaminate bag is just fine. The tech skin is very tight around calf muscle and thigh to the point it’s slightly uncomfortable. It feels like a 7mm under water pressure. My worry is it will get worse in the water.

I had to move up a size just to get enough diameter in the inner bladder in the calf area. Whites apparently has really skinny dudes with scrawny legs in mind - not technical divers with strong legs from lugging around doubles anbd kicking with XL and XXL Jets.

The bilaminate bag is just fine. The tech skin is very tight around calf muscle and thigh to the point it’s slightly uncomfortable. It feels like a 7mm under water pressure. My worry is it will get worse in the water.

Dunno. In my experience wetsuits (neoprene) usually loosens up in the water and with use, so I'd expect the same to be true of the tech skin, but I've only used the lycra (sport) skin with the Fusion. I'm sure tech skin users can give you the answer about the skin tightness on land vs. in water, but if it's really too tight, while the inner bag is fine, then you could try the stretchier lycra skin - you might one want anyway as a spare or a travel skin. If you need pockets with it, look into x-shorts...

[by the way, I just noticed this in the whites forum, so I should clarify that I'm not associated with them - I've just used the suit a few times, and I'm planning to get one, so I now automatically notice and click on fusion-threads while looking at new posts...]

How tight should the white fusion with tech skin fit around your lower leg?
I wear a 2xl/3xl and Glacier MK2 Base John Undergarment and it
Feels very tight around my lower leg. How tight is too tight?
Thanks

I have the Tech skin and the same undergarment, and also find the lower leg a bit on the tight side. I honestly can't say it's been a problem, I don't even notice it in the water. It can be a bit difficult to get the suit on sometimes, and there isn't as much stretch as I would like for putting on the boots, or even teh fins in the water, but otherwise, my mobility and comfort in teh water is great! Far better than my old suit.

Have you tried it in the water yet? Do you find the suit really hard to put on due to the tightness?

I think the previous poster was right, Whites must have guys with really skinny legs as their size models :p

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback on the Fusion fit, we appreciate it.

As long as the suit fits over your calf, you should be fine. Once in the water you shouldn't notice the tightness you feel on the surface as much, if at all.

One thing to check is to ensure that when you put the suit on the dry core isn't twisted in the calf area. I have experinced this before and it felt as if the dry core was tight when in fact it was just twisted around my leg.

Let me know if you have any more questions/comments about the Fusion.

Happy diving!

Justin Balaski
Regional Sales Manager
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Back
Top Bottom