Fusion alterations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey all...just purchased a used Whites 45thAnniversary. It's a custom really close fit but there are some things to get done. I've called some of the alteration places but they won't work on Whites suits or they say if they do that Whites has special processes they use and if the alteration people do it, there is a risk of a leak. So, where do I go to get my Whites suit altered? I need things like arms shortened, seals replaced, and some other items. Any thoughts are welcome.

Last edited:
hey all...just purchased a used Whites Fusion 45th. It's a custom really close fit but there are some things to get done. I've called some of the alteration places but they won't work on Whites suits or they say if they do that Whites has special processes they use and if the alteration people do it, there is a risk of a leak. So, where do I go to get my Whites Fusion altered? I need things like arms shortened, seals replaced, and some other items. Any thoughts are welcome.

To Clarify ....
Do you mean a Whites Hybrid suit? The ones that are part neoprene and part shell.

Or the 'Fusion'? - Bag suit with a overlayer to hold it all together.

thanks for asking...it's the Fusion 45th Anniversary edition on:
http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?site=9&id=337.

it says: "The world's most advanced compressed neoprene, with Membrane Plus interior."
I hope that answers your question - I'm new at this.
Thanks,
Steve

To Clarify ....
Do you mean a Whites Hybrid suit? The ones that are part neoprene and part shell.

Or the 'Fusion'? - Bag suit with a overlayer to hold it all together.

I always send my suit to Whites directly for alterations or repair. The cost is not so bad and they really stand by their work. I've never been disappointed. The only hassle is that you need to send it to a third party to carry over the border for you but that has always worked out also.

I always send my suit to Whites directly for alterations or repair. The cost is not so bad and they really stand by their work. I've never been disappointed. The only hassle is that you need to send it to a third party to carry over the border for you but that has always worked out also.

thanks, I've contacted them and hopefully they'll be able to help me out.

I actually knew it wasn't a Fusion and not sure why I said that a couple times but thanks for pointing out. I think I was just talking to someone about a Fusion. oh well.

I actually knew it wasn't a Fusion and not sure why I said that a couple times but thanks for pointing out. I think I was just talking to someone about a Fusion. oh well.

Honest mistake, the drysuit ad states they use fusion technology in the seals which they use in all drysuits so the name must have stuck in your head:D

Yeah I had to look at it for a few minutes myself. They do use the buzzword quite a bit on the page.

Good luck getting your suit serviced!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom