Furry Creek Board Meeting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry 12 dives, we're doing 4 on Saturday :)

not to brag or anything :p

Unfortuneatly I won't be able to make the dive that I was trying to organize. I'm sure anyone planning on comeing out will be able to dive with Bradner Boy.
Hasta Luego, Andrew.

That's too bad Andrew... but there's always next time.

I'm going to be at Porteau at 9am. I am just going to dive around the cove though as I am trying out a new BP/W :banana:
Hope to see some of you out there,
Dale.

We dove furry creek today. Very nice wall. Vis was about 30 ft. I liked the place very much. Not crowded at all. Easy entry. No current. No waves. Plenty of free parking space. And to top it all, a nice sunny day. I am surprised that it is not a more popular or better known dive site.

That's too bad Andrew... but there's always next time.

I'm going to be at Porteau at 9am. I am just going to dive around the cove though as I am trying out a new BP/W :banana:
Hope to see some of you out there,
Dale.

Which bp/w did you get Dale? How did you like it?

If you're trying it out, it's probably too late by now. Still I just thought I'd post this anyway. I got my backplate from Hammerhead for $85 plus $15 shipping to my box in Blaine, WA. It helped that back when I bought it the CAD$ was slightly higher than the US, so it ended up being slightly less than CAD$100 for a very nice backplate. It feels bulletproof literally. Dive shops around here were asking $200 for lesser backplates.

In spite of the current explosion of steel prices we still include our great 316 marine grade steel in all of our plates. Many of our competitors use 304 stainless but we don't do business that way.

In fact, we give you a 10 gauge plate for less than our competition charges for an 11 gauge plate. At .135 we are the thickest standard plate on the market. We've been referred to as the "Cadillac" of backplates.

I've already bought it off a friend, thanks anyways Gabriel :)

It's an Apeks single wing (34#lift) with a SS plate and hog harness. I likes it a lot. I still have to get a proper sta and a keel weight though.

Back
Top Bottom