Furry Creek Board Meeting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Myself and Vince intend to dive Furry Creek this Sunday. Our last attempt was scuttled by the weather but this weekend looks nice. We'll stop at Porteau at 9:30 and then on to the site. Plenty of free parking for anyone that cares to join us.

Myself and Vince intend to dive Furry Creek this Sunday. Our last attempt was scuttled by the weather but this weekend looks nice. We'll stop at Porteau at 9:30 and then on to the site. Plenty of free parking for anyone that cares to join us.
Andrew,

If I recall correctly, that was a decent swim out, correct? Are you planning on a single dive?

Would you mind if a couple of my buddies and I tag along? We are always looking for sites we haven't dove yet. Tagging along with somebody familiar with the place helps figure out things like parking, and descent points. I was going to suggest Furry Creek for our next Saturday dives, but I can check if they're ok with making it a Sunday this week.

If its ok, then how would we recognize you over in Porteau? My buddies drive a green Ford minivan (Aerostar?) and I drive a yellow Toyota FJ Cruiser. Depending on logistics, we may all be carpooling in the minivan.

hmmm, i know scott was saying something about joining up with you guys, also a fun dive with my company that day.
would anyone need rescuing?!? it would be my first dive as a rescue diver

(just kidding ofcourse... knock on wood!)

I'll only be doing one dive and we'll be in Vinnies silver Toyota SUV. The swims not to bad Todd, shorter than the Nakaya. We'll wait at the upper washrooms at Porteau for anyone that wants to follow to the site.

Skookumchuck could you tell me a little more about the dive site, I've never been there before and have no idea where it is. What I' am looking for would be depth and what is there to see? And I guess directions to the site?

Thanks

That link didn't show what I wanted. If you pan North on it till you see Furry Creek Drive go under the Sea to Sky the number 574 is directly below the parking lot.

im out... 8 dives in 1 week is a bit much =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom