Fun night spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danelen

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, heading to Coz for 10 days March 12 and was wondering what in-town night spot recommendations (or places to avoid) we might get. We are not looking for any one type of place just wanted to see what ones folks recommend as fun hangouts. My brother and I - me 29 (for a couple of more months :wink:) / him 23 - will be staying at the Barracuda so I think we should be close to lots of places.

Counting down the days...
:bounce:

danelen:
Hey all, heading to Coz for 10 days March 12 and was wondering what in-town night spot recommendations (or places to avoid) we might get. We are not looking for any one type of place just wanted to see what ones folks recommend as fun hangouts. My brother and I - me 29 (for a couple of more months :wink:) / him 23 - will be staying at the Barracuda so I think we should be close to lots of places.

:bounce:

Loud dinner and dancing can be had at Carlos and Charlie's/Senior Frogs. http://www.carlosn-charlies.com/

Steve

Scuba_Signer:
Loud dinner and dancing can be had at Carlos and Charlie's/Senior Frogs. http://www.carlosn-charlies.com/

Steve

Heh heh ... is there any other?? :wink:

Dinner at Pepi's was just amazing! Order the steak and lobster. Oh, I'm just dying thinking about it.....

The main post-dinner hangout for divers on the trip I just returned from was Viva Mexico, on the sea walk. I heard some great stories... I did not join them until the last night as I would not be diving the next day. Be careful with your post-dive activities, keep things in moderation...

peace,

danelen:

I'm counting down the days myself, though I have a few more to count...

There's the Neptuno disco (across the street from Acuario restaurant at the traffic light), which is vintage 70's brass and red velvet.

There's the Punta Langosta complex (including Senor Frogs and the gone-upscale Carlos n' Charlie's) if you want to pay exorbitant prices to get drunk with cruise ship folks.

There's a Hard Rock Cafe, also not my cuppa tea.

There's Fat Tuesday's on the northwest corner of the plaza, with loud gringo music, dancing on the bar, and limbo contests.

There are a few topless bars, if any of your group are so inclined; the cab drivers know where they are.

Joe's Reggae Bar is in a new location upstairs on the main drag just north of Palmeras restaurant; I loved this place when it was an off-the-beaten-path sort of a dive. The beer was cheap and cold and the music was always great. I have not visited their new location.

On Sunday nights they set up a PA in the plaza and a local group plays to a large crowd of Cozumel residents. This is not a tourist event, but we gringos are certainly welcome.

The hotel bars are generally a good place to hang out and meet other divers.

There's more, I'm sure, though Cozumel is certainly no Cancun, for which I am eternally grateful.

ggunn:
Joe's Reggae Bar is in a new location upstairs on the main drag just north of Palmeras restaurant; I loved this place when it was an off-the-beaten-path sort of a dive. The beer was cheap and cold and the music was always great. I have not visited their new location.

I loved the old Joe's, too! I wasn't even aware they were moved to the main drag - thanks! Something to check out NEXT time I go to Coz :biggrin:!!

Thanks all for the great tips! Don't worry I am not planning on drinking too much (and especially not B4 diving days)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom