Fully vaccinated tourists exempt from PCR Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustSurfaceInterval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From 20.04.2021 on tourists who already got two doses of COVID Vaccine two weeks before arrival are exempt of PCR Test.
See >>> here <<<
This has still to be embedded in IMUGA Form, regulations, official statements and procedures

I got fully vaccinated and still wouldn’t come back to Maldives, as long as the shark fishing is still allowed.

Petition re: legalization of shark fishing in the Maldives
Don't you think best way to keep sharks alive is actually support shark tourism by actually traveling there? If alive sharks lost their commercial value, only choice left to the locals is start finning them.

Don't you think best way to keep sharks alive is actually support shark tourism by actually traveling there? If alive sharks lost their commercial value, only choice left to the locals is start finning them.

We have been going there for that, but that’s not enough.

“Minister Zaha made the remarks at the 14th meeting for the People's Majlis Committee on Economic Affairs, and stated that the fisheries industry is required to generate revenue for the Maldivian government, they were considering legalizing shark fishing as a strategy for improving profits from the fisheries industry. Fisheries Minister Zaha went on to confirm that discussions were being conducted to that effect at the committee meeting, and stated that as very few countries had protected shark populations for conservation, the Maldives could also begin fishing sharks to generate profits.” (Ref: https://raajje.mv/97281

There are discussions happening in the Maldivian Parliament leaning towards legalising shark fishing for economic gains.

It comes as a huge surprise when Maldives main source of income is tourism and within this industry the sharks are WORTH MORE ALIVE THAN DEAD.

Sharks are the apex predators of our ocean, keeping the fish population and reef health in check, however their population is threatened due to shark fisheries, please sign this petition to come together to say;

“NO MALDIVES! I WILL NOT STAND FOR SHARK KILLING AND THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR DELICATE ECOSYSTEM!””

We have been going there for that, but that’s not enough.

“Minister Zaha made the remarks at the 14th meeting for the People's Majlis Committee on Economic Affairs, and stated that the fisheries industry is required to generate revenue for the Maldivian government, they were considering legalizing shark fishing as a strategy for improving profits from the fisheries industry. Fisheries Minister Zaha went on to confirm that discussions were being conducted to that effect at the committee meeting, and stated that as very few countries had protected shark populations for conservation, the Maldives could also begin fishing sharks to generate profits.” (Ref: https://raajje.mv/97281

There are discussions happening in the Maldivian Parliament leaning towards legalising shark fishing for economic gains.

It comes as a huge surprise when Maldives main source of income is tourism and within this industry the sharks are WORTH MORE ALIVE THAN DEAD.

Sharks are the apex predators of our ocean, keeping the fish population and reef health in check, however their population is threatened due to shark fisheries, please sign this petition to come together to say;

“NO MALDIVES! I WILL NOT STAND FOR SHARK KILLING AND THE DESTRUCTION OF OUR DELICATE ECOSYSTEM!””
I think we are in agreement, I would go diving there to support local dive centers who are also working to stop this. If you really want to protect the eco system and the sharks, you might start lobbying for your country to ratify the kyoto protocol. Our life styles are causing way more destruction than theirs, so, we are not in a position to tell them what to do. I suspect this is impact of covid; if tourism generated enough income, I doubt anyone would bother with fishing sharks.

Even the original topic is "off topic" for me as I live in Germany and ETA for a vaccination for me is 6 months. I am happy for the others, though.

The Maldives Immigration has re-instated the requirement for a negative Covid19 RT-PCR Test result even for those who are fully vaccinated.

Maldive Immigration Link
  1. Effective from 3rd May 2021, all inbound travelers are obliged to produce a PCR negative result of a sample taken within 96 hours before their departure to the Maldives, even if vaccinated. However, children below one year are exempt from submitting the PCR negative test result.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom