Full VDH Rig! Argonaut Kraken, Plate, and 18# Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kmart921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Finally got my rig setup just right for the Kraken and it is hands down my favorite single tank rig I've ever used. Proper regulator placement (and hose weights) really make all the difference. And I mean... just look at it!

Thanks to Bryan for taking a look at my Kraken and for making such great gear!

Also thanks to those of you who suggested the Hemphill bungee method for clipping off the safe second. Works like a charm.

6SvYcqR.jpg

I just saw this on reddit! That thing is too cool!

It's been a fun project. I have enjoyed being part of it. It has come a long way from Luis's drawing and prototype parts made in my back yard. Mine still has prototype parts in it. There were a lot of folks involved in the testing and evaluation of the reg to make it the best double hose reg ever produced.....and it out performs most of the major brands top of the line models.

Ju Wanna ‘splain that to those not on the know?

Post #13 by @JohnnyC in this thread. It's a method of bungee-ing a bolt snap directly to the second stage instead of on the hose. Works very well for the way the backup hose routes with the Kraken.

@Kmart921
Very nice looking unit !

I am certain that you are proud your investment and venture into double hose diving. I suspect you will have many years of pleasurable diving with it .

There seems to be a missing link in the VDH program...Perhaps you can clarify....

Question? What is your diving level or dive back ground and how much specialized double hose dive training did you have before the first dive ?

Did you read a pamphlet on diving double hose regulators?
Did you read a book on diving double hose regulators?
Did you view a video on diving double hose regulators?

Was the training generic off the shelf publications ?
Specialized training materials produced by VDH and/or approved by VDH ?

Just wondering ???

SDM

Thanks, I'm looking forward to diving it as much as possible!

I'm coming up on two years of diving experience, 88 total dives. There is not really a vintage diving community in my area (that I know of) so I had no specialized training in the use of a double hose. In fact I'd never seen a working double hose reg in person, besides one or two non-functioning RAMs on display in shop windows.

I consumed any information I could find on the internet about double hose regulators. Of the top of my head... Alec Pierce's "Vintage Scuba" videos on DH regs, various postings on ScubaBoard and the VDH forums, parts diagrams for the Kraken, brochures provided by VDH regarding double hose regulator placement.

Once I received the regulator, I did about three pool dives to practice and adjust my setup before taking it into open water.

In my opinion Bryan does a great job providing essential basic info about double hose regulators to people like me who are new to them. And with the wealth of information available on the VDH forums and elsewhere, I felt confident diving it on my own.

Back
Top Bottom