Full Moon resort in Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alam555

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all,
we are considering staying at the full moon resort in maldives. Has anyone been? I have seen good reviews on diving from other non-dive forums. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi -

My husband and I stayed there a few months ago and the grounds are really beautiful. The huts are beachfront and they have even more lavish huts on stilts. There are only a couple of complaints...the water taxi that picked us up at the airport was like an episode of the keystone cops. All of the other resorts picked up their guests, handled their luggage, and loaded them on their water taxi's promptly. We actually waited for over an hour while they waited for a guest that never showed up, then we all struggled to get our luggage up into the boat (no ladder and about a 1 meter step - impossible to manage for a couple of guests who had to be hoisted up by their arms)...being that the resort is only a 10 min ride away and it was almost midnight, there was no reason why they couldn't have made two trips. Once we arrived, the check in process was excrutiating....you have a boatload of passengers desperately wanting to hit the sack after a hard day of travel and they make you wait as they call each guest up room by room to complete the check-in process....not what you want to deal with after a long travel day. I wrote a spicy letter to management about our experience and they responded promptly that they had addressed these issues...so, hopefully you won't experience the same excitement. Other than that, it was a great trip.
PS: While part of their property sustained some damage in the tsunami, they were rapidly making repairs and I imagine that it is back to capacity...that said, we had to be told that construction was in progress - we didn't hear a noise.
Have a great trip!

Anyone else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom