Full Face Scuba Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Mexico, I was able to that, since I was only wearing a 3 mm suit most of the time; but the FFM that I was typically using, a Poseidon Jetstream, had ballast weights attached to the mask -- which made head-first descent easier.

In shallower water, the mask would otherwise be a bit buoyant. The Pegasus mask was far simpler -- lower volume after all -- though a bit more prone to water intrusion, if tugging on a long hose; but it still a nice piece of equipment . . .
Cool! Sounds like the Pegasus mask would be good for me.

In Mexico, I was able to that, since I was only wearing a 3 mm suit most of the time; but the FFM that I was typically using, a Poseidon Jetstream, had ballast weights attached to the mask -- which made head-first descent easier.

In shallower water, the mask would otherwise be a bit buoyant. The Pegasus mask was far simpler -- lower volume after all -- though a bit more prone, as I had mentioned, to water intrusion, if tugging upon; but it still a nice piece of equipment . . .
Good morning. Did you need weights on the Pegasus mask to dive down headfirst?

Good morning. Did you need weights on the Pegasus mask to dive down headfirst?
No, the volume is quite low -- no different from that of a conventional mask . . .

That mask is designed to still use the mouthpiece, and the mouthpiece is retained conventionally with a zip-tie.

Without a mouthpiece, there will be a CO2 buildup in the airspace.

That mask is designed to still use the mouthpiece, and the mouthpiece is retained conventionally with a zip-tie.

Without a mouthpiece, there will be a CO2 buildup in the airspace.
I can use the mouthpiece. I need a full face scuba mask to prevent me from sucking water down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom