full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richie56

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking of purchasing a ocean reef full face mask with communication but getting confused about the difference between ocean reef and g divers as I understand it g divers is a cheaper mask than the ocean reef but both use the Neptune space name my question is are they the same mask and if anyone uses a full face mask what do they think of it

I am not a big fan of the Ocean Reef full face masks - they started with a solid gas mask design and tried to adapt it to scuba.

For the same money you could get a Scubapro Full Face Mask, or a Kirby Morgan M-48 Supermask and put your current second stage in it. Or for about $250 you can get an Ocean Technology Mantis. It's the same basic mask as the Scubapro, but half the price. All three masks are lower volume than the Ocean Reef, are more durable and easier to maintain.

All of the above also accommodate com equipment.

The podded two chamber design of the M-48 also makes it much more suitable for recreational diving with much more versatility and a larger number of options for gas share, and it does not require you to carry a back up face mask in the event of an OOA occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom