Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboy444

New
Reaction score
I recently aquired 5 full face masks from the Fire Department. They will not be used for deep diving but I'm hoping to adapt at least 1 of them to hooka. The only marking says ISI. Is there an adapter that I can fit my hooka regulator into that will fit the mask. I've tried a search for ISI on the internet but came up empty handed. I'll be using the mask while breathing under water using my gold dredge. I don't figure to be deeper than about 10 feet deep and stay longer than 2 hours or when my gas motor gives out.
Any replies would be helpful.

cowboy444

ISI self-contained breathing apparatus are manfactured by Avon, check out avon-fire.com for their website. I would strongly recommend against using SCBA masks for underwater use as the exhalation valves are not designed for submerged activites, there is no provision for reaching the nosecup should you need to equalize your sinuses, the seal between the faceplate and the mask is not designed to function at any depth and the mask skirt is not designed to provide a watertight seal.

im not sure about the ISI, but our scott's are positive pressure and none of it is designed to be used under water. IIRC they are capable of working to a depth of like 18' or something in the event the user falls into a body of water, but thats not really advertised becuase it is not what they are for. If i were you, i would invest the money in a full face scuba mask and spend all the time you were going to waste on this project to find some gold. Sell the masks on ebay and put that money towards something else

brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom