full face mask hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loeth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Since i live in denmark, I have a aga interspiro full face mask for Cold Water diving in the Winter, but i have never been able to find a Hood there fits good, so hope someone with some experince with the aga can help me with a good Hood for the mask

I'd bet someone like Wetwear or Otter Bay could make you one..... Shoot Connie at Wetwear a pm or an e-mail...

Have you tried a beanie?

Actually I have worn a hood with a Kirby Morgan band mask with no problems that I recall although that was many years ago.

Would a beanie give a lot of warmth for very cold water diving?

I've seen people like Public Safety Divers wear full face masks and hoods in cold water, so I'd think rhwestfall's suggestion would be a good one.

yes i would be a good idear but was hoping for a standard Hood so the Price was less cause i have a custom made ursuit drysuit with Hood so is only have to be used with the aga
also a beanie would not be a solution since all of the neck and some of the jaw would be exposed and the Water temp down to 0 (is diving)

Last edited:
you might be surprised what a custom hood costs from them........ might be worth an inquiry.

option "B" could be a generic hood and a pair of scissors......

Option B might be the most cost effective option

Since i live in denmark, I have a aga interspiro full face mask for Cold Water diving in the Winter, but i have never been able to find a Hood there fits good, so hope someone with some experince with the aga can help me with a good Hood for the mask

We make many types of hoods that would work for you. We make a hood woth a face seal inside amd out that many people like with there full facemask. We can also make a hood to your specifications. I think you will be suprised by our pricing, we are very reasonale. Our NCN hoods range in price from 45$-85$, depneding on style and thinkness.

Wetwear
Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities
wetwear@bellsoth.net
(800)771-8081
(954)458-0400

thanks for the answers I will definitely check it out (wetwear)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom