Full Face Mask easy on the lungs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richardthesecond

Registered
Reaction score
Just recovering from a rather severe bout of breakthrough (I was fully vaccinated) COVID-pneumonia. It really did a number on my lungs, but am hoping for full recovery. I am wondering though, what's going to happen when I plug into a standard regulator and that blast of compressed, super dry air goes directly into my lungs?? Would breathing through a full face mask reduce that kind of stress??

Nah. The air is the same. There are some devices out there in the world that claim to add moisture to scuba air but I can't remember the name of the product. It goes inline between first and second stages. Of course you can get nice warm moist air by going with a rebreather, but that's expensive and requires lots of training and discipline.

Oxygen unless humidified is dry when it’s administered, I think you should consult with your physician though

Just recovering from a rather severe bout of breakthrough (I was fully vaccinated) COVID-pneumonia. It really did a number on my lungs, but am hoping for full recovery. I am wondering though, what's going to happen when I plug into a standard regulator and that blast of compressed, super dry air goes directly into my lungs?? Would breathing through a full face mask reduce that kind of stress??
Sorry to hear that. A similar thing happened to my brother -- who is also on the mend.

A positive-pressure or OP full face mask, makes breathing far easier than on-demand models. Since the design allows for a slight free-flow, there is little demand, in terms of breathing -- no sucking for inhalation.

I had pneumonia about twenty years ago, and the FFM made things far more pleasant, until I felt better.

Though, as others have said, consult your physician . . .

Back
Top Bottom