Fujairah with Al Boom Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in Dubai for three days and thought I would check out the diving in the Persian Gulf. It was a long day to say the least. Up at 6:00 AM to meet the operator's bus for Fujairah at the Al Boom shop next to the Iranian embassy in Dubai for a two hour bus ride to the east coast of the UAE. We did two dives on relatively shallow wrecks. The biggest problem was the visibility or lack thereof. To say we had three meter visibility would be generous. That being said we did see quite a few morays on the wrecks and some of the densest schools of juvenile fish that I have ever seen. The operator was fine, the boat rides were less than five minutes, and the dives were enough to say that I went diving in the Persian Gulf!

You did not dive the Persian Gulf Tim … east coast UAE is the Gulf of Oman, Persian Gulf is where Dubai is situated although they prefer to call it the Arabian Gulf.

3-5M is normal visibility there, sometimes you get lucky and have 7M :rofl3:

Of course diving with Al Boom, visibility is generally very poor as many divers who use them dive in a vertical position and have no buoyancy control hence their continuous finning reduces the visibility :wink:

I am currently further down the coast a bit in Oman diving the Damaniyat islands right now, viz is 10-20M … still patchy around 15-10M depth … excellent shallow and excellent below 20M.

You did not dive the Persian Gulf Tim … east coast UAE is the Gulf of Oman, Persian Gulf is where Dubai is situated although they prefer to call it the Arabian Gulf.

Thanks. I wondered about that.

Thanks. I wondered about that.

Not much to see in the Arabian Gulf (dredging and pollution impact) and visibility is usually terrible. The Gulf of Oman is the Indian Ocean and offers the best diving. Next time you come, try Musandum if you can spare the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom