Ft. Lauderdale first week of 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPDenny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for recommendations in Ft. Lauderdale for myself and 17 year old Son, both OW, less than 50 dives.
We have been to Key Largo twice, Amy Slate's and Sea Dwellers, both very good experiences.
Have the first week of January off.

Charters is my first choice

..Have the first week of January off.
Although January weather is quite unpredictable and the windows may be only a day or 2,,,,I have several times dove in spectacular conditions on New Years Day morning and would guess it has been diveable 80% of the time and not to be missed just for "photo bragging rights/1st dive of the year" while your friends nurse a massive hangover. Guarenteed 1-3 Jupiter boats will be running that day and calm interactions with Nurse & Lemon Sharks mating will be featured.

I like pompano dive center. Its like 5 dollars more but the boat and crews are outstanding. Home

ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II

If you want to stay in Ft Lauderdale and want easy dives with a nice boat that is not crowded try the American Dream 2. Dives are usually a wreck ( 70 ft depth) followed by an easy reef (30ft) drift dive. For the wreck the divemaster ties a line and then each group goes down by themselves. On the reef they give you a bouy and you just follow the mild current. When you finish they will pick you up. They will also provide a guide if you want. By the 2nd trip you will probably feel comfortable enough to go on your own.

South Florida Diving Headquarters, Pompano Dive Center, Dixie Divers, American Dream II, Scubatyme. I'm happy with any one of them. Pompano Dive Center puts a guide in the water if you like having a guide.

My first true open water dive was a beach dive on new years day with Gold Coast Scuba.
For boat dives, Sea Experience is my go-to place. Great people there! I also like South Florida Diving, they are really good too, but I somehow always end up at Sea Experience.
good luck have fun diving. I am sure all the dive operators are good. I hope the weather will be better in Ft Lauderdale this year then it was last January!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom