Ft Lauderdale Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdoug

Registered
Reaction score
In march I was diving with Pro Dive and they took us to a spot which they called "The Caves." Is there anyone out there that is aware of the correct name for the drift dive that we were in. Our first dive was on the Cpt John, followed by this reef dive.

I need the proper name for my dive log...I'm a bit behind

:redface:

the area is the caves . it is moring lines in about 30ft off Ft. Lauderdale beach.i have done that dive a few times and love it. i just dove the entire reef last sunday. the curent was ripping south bound and we where droped off at the north bouy and picked up on the south one.

thanks
brian

23angler:
the area is the caves . it is moring lines in about 30ft off Ft. Lauderdale beach.i have done that dive a few times and love it. i just dove the entire reef last sunday. the curent was ripping south bound and we where droped off at the north bouy and picked up on the south one.

thanks
brian

I have been out with a different dive op and dived the same location. it is just known as "the caves".

When I was there in March I was diving a current that was just about the strongest I have ever been in......

In some cases the name of the area is a name that is made up from local divers and it is actually part of a reef, that is why I asked.

Thanks again and dive safe!

dmdoug:
In some cases the name of the area is a name that is made up from local divers and it is actually part of a reef, that is why I asked.

I know what you mean. I swear the boat captains make up some of these names on a whim. :D

Anyway, yes I have dove The Caves. It's a fairly shallow reef just north of the Port Everglades inlet. My log shows a max depth of 35 feet, with a 25 ft average. We went there as there was a large class on board that day doing their OW dives.

Marc

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom