FS: Ikelite D200 Rig (housing, parts, ports, etc.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
For sale here is an Ikelite D200 Housing, with tons of extras. I am the original owner of this gear.

THE HOUSING
Purchased April 2007 for $1449. This housing has never had a flood, never had a leak, never misfired, never had a problem. It has worked perfectly since the moment I first took it in the water. It comes with the Ikelite weighted tray and Ikelite Quick-release Handles. I have made some modifications to the housing to better accommodate the way I shoot. They include:

• I re-positioned the shutter release so it pulls back into my hand, as opposed to pulling down. This adds significant stability to the moment of shutter release. I've also moved the shutter release actuator lever and added a larger rubber stopper - effectively making the release a "hair trigger" - again, adding stability to the moment of release

• I prefer to "thumb focus" - again, its more stable than trying to depress the shutter half-way in the surge and inadvertently snapping off shots! The thumb lever that used to activate the AE-L/AF-L button has been shortened to not activate the AF-ON.

• The button that used to activate the AF-ON button has been rendered inoperative (its been shortened to allow for the lever to now reach AF-ON, but remains in the housing to plug the hole.)

THE PORT
Purchased April 2007 for $150. The port I'm including is the Ikelite 5505 Flat Port. I was using it with my 60mm lens. It will work with any lens that is less than 4.5" long. This port comes with a port cover. It has some scratches on the face of the port which do not impact the performance of the port.

THE ARM EXTENSIONS
Purchased April 2007 for $50 pr. Also included are two Ikelite 9571.33 Quick Release Strobe Arm Extensions. These click into the handles, and are easily removed for storage and transport.

PARTS KIT
Purchased August & October 2007 for about $35. This is all of the essentials to keep the rig afloat. It includes a spare handle wing-knob, spare tips for all of the buttons, dials and actuators, three Port Orings, two low profile Port Locks, screws, Oring Lube and some other stuff in the pictures.

This rig has been dived nearly since I purchased it. Anyone who's dived with me knows this rig gets babied - over packed when I travel, immediately rinsed when I'm done diving for the day.

I've serviced and lubed all of the knobs, buttons, actuators and hinges. This rig will continue to deliver years of trouble free service!

After Freight and Tax, I have way over $1800 into this rig.

$1150 delivers all of the above to any address in the lower 48.

Please send questions to Ken@divematrix.com

---
Ken

PS: I'm selling a whole host of other Ikelite accessories, too. 8" Dome, two "stalks" for the dome (10.5mm and 12-24mm lens), sync cords, a Focus Light mounting system, zoom gears and more. Look in the classifieds for my other ads, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Housing, tray, handles, Quick-release Strobe arms and 60mm Port

Housing Bront

Housing Back

Super-Clean Guts of the rig. Note the AF-ON button that's been shortened to allow for Thumb Focusing

Modified Thumb-Focus Actuator (reaches AF-ON) and pull-back hair-trigger shutter release

Stock Ikelite Housing - note position of Thumb Actuator and shutter release

Parts and Stuff that's included

Sold. Thanks SB.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom