FS: Dive Rite O2ptima rebreather - loaded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edasque

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

time has come for me to sell my O2ptima and move to a CE approved rebreather.

This is a Dive Rite O2ptima FX rebreather, with delrin Hammerhead handsets. It has 40 hours on it or so (I got the head after the completion of my course, which I was using a borrowed rig for).

Now the rig is pretty much latest and greatest but comes LOADED with the following:
• LP27 steel tanks with metal bands - great for local dry suit diving
• AL13 aluminum tanks with cam bands - great for trips to refill tanks once a day easily
• Complete spare kit for O2ptima, includes a cell harness
• Four existing sensors and four new sensors
• 5 EACs
• One Stormcase that fits the whole rebreather with tanks, fins, etc.
• A Transplate harness and steel plate with OMS wing and butt plate for sidemounting (or aluminum plate if you want) _or_ a Nomad with wing. Pocket for storing the secondary on the harness belt.
• Dive Rite O2ptima Carry-on bag - I found this to be awesome. Everything fits in it but the tanks and DonSix plate. Everything that could be damaged travels with you in this overhead compartment. Flew with it 4-5 times without any problem from security or the flight crew. Fits your bailout regs and computers too.
• DonSix O2ptima Plate and Foot - "solid aluminum and designed to withstand much more than normal usage. It offers an ultra stable platform for the O2ptima and allows the entire rebreather to be assembled and disassembled in a upright position"
• Rite source for quick bailout - never used - still in plastic bag
• Normal plastic O2ptima plate and foot for long trips where you need to keep weight to a bare minimum
• JJ-CCR BOV especially adapted to the O2ptima. Jan and I worked on getting it exactly right for the O2ptima. I believe it to be the first one made. Hasn't been dove in open water but tested. The classic O2ptima DSV is also included.
• Last but not least, Kevin set up a 7 pin fisher cable to monitor cell 1,2,4. This allows you to monitor and get exact deco information with the Hammerheads on cells 1,2,3 and from a X1 or Shearwater Pursuit, Delta-P VRX on cells 1,2,4. This is unique and I think, pretty great. Still compatible with a VR3 if that's all you have. This is much better than just a fourth sensor cable. It is also reversible and includes a spare classic O2 cell harness. I'll consider including a X-Link module if you have a liquivision X1.
Rebreather has never seen a failure, loop flood or anything. Went to yearly maintenance at Dive Rite not too long ago, no problem was found. Jim mentioned that he rarely sees rebreathers in such good shape. The unit is well taken care of.

While I am not looking to sell it a la carte, I would if the CCR sells first.

I am looking to sell the whole thing for about $8000 depending on what additions you want to keep. This is pretty close to the price of the bare rebreather new with just one set of cylinders but as you know, you plan to spend $7000 and you end up signing a check for nearly $11k. I probably put over $2000 on top of that $11k (BOV, Three sensors fisher cable, DonSix, ...)

(I discuss some of the electronics choices here: Why a third computer ? | Thinking Diver )

Please let's keep this threads focused on selling/buying my unit and not jumping to another rebreather or anything like that. We have enough of that in other threads.

Ping me if you're interested and we'll chat,

Erik

P.S. don't get weirded out by the yellow cable that seems loose, you're actually looking at two different cables. One wrapped around the breathing hoses (Diva HUD with vibration) and one that would be looped around your arm, the external sensor cable - for an X1/Pursuit/VRX or similar around your right arm.

photo.jpg_595.jpg

photo-1.jpg_595.jpg

*bump*

Again, this O2ptima CCR is loaded, ready to dive, has major upgrades (frame, BOV, 4 cells with monitoring on 1,2,3 and 1,2,4, etc). Price is negotiable.

Ok, since two serious buyers dropped out after talking to their life manager, errr, I mean their wife, I am bringing the price down to $7000 without the BOV. The BOV will be sold separately since it's new.

No need for me to lower the price slowly, bring it down to $7600, $7300, $7100. This O2ptima with both set of tanks and the rest of the goodies will go to the quickest shot for $7000.

At this point it's a steal and nearly a 50% discount on the price I paid.

Let me know.

At this point and while I can't lower the total price, I might be able to sell things separately so if you want the rebreather with:

• O2ptima rebreather with Dive Rite DSV
• LP27 rebreather tanks (27 cft, largest LP tanks available for the O2ptima)
• O2ptima overhead compartment carry on
• Dsix aluminum plate (for rebreather, not backplate)
• Spare Kit (unused)
• 1,2,4 monitoring with 7pin fisher cable in addition to the 2 Hammerhead & HUD
• Spare Harness
• Handset Pocket

I will sell that for $5600 + shipping/insurance. That's $10k worth of gear at today's price and is a very good deal for an O2ptima that you can go and dive right away (providing you have training, fill up the tanks, put an EAC in and a BCD). At this price I am hoping that I remove the wife/life manager factor from the equation

As a result this doesn't include and I will be selling separately some of the following (once the O2ptima itself is sold):

• AL13x2
• Stormcase (which I will keep for photo equipment)
• Nomad harness
• 5 new sensors (which I will keep)
• 5 ExtendAir (unused, obviously)
• 1 Rite Source (unused)
• JJ-CCR BOV (unused)

do you still have the optima

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom