From Sharks to Shrimp, more Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a few more un-edited pictures. Veterans please feel free to comment on pics and ways to edit. For now I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro so any and all advice is welcome.

those are excellent pictures

what setup were you using?

I just read your CCV/Utila report....most excellent and very accurate.

What exposures were you using for the shark photos? You mentioned dialing down your flash. Were you usiing the internal flash or a strobe? I like the natural look of them.

mjh:
Here are a few more un-edited pictures. Veterans please feel free to comment on pics and ways to edit. For now I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro so any and all advice is welcome.

Don't think they need much correction - maybe some contrast thats about all.
Very good shots - your using a D100 aren't you?

Using a D100 in an Aquatica housing w/2xS&S DX 90 strobes. These were taken with a Nikon 18-35mm in a dome port. I have to say the system preformed great over a lot of use. I did about 48 dives and took the camera on every one. Shark shots were typically at F-Stop 8.0 and 1/125ss. You don't realize how fast they move until you start trying to take pics from 3-4 feet away. Also really happy with the Flashtrax unit all my shots only took up about 3gigs of the 20gig drive.

Very good photos, all of them.

I love the action of the eel and the sharks are very smooth and beautiful. I am not seeing a lot of areas that need much improvement (though I don't claim to fit the veteran category anyway)!

Don't know your software program so can't even help there.

I also read your trip report and love the pictures you posted over there. Those of you that haven't read it yet, be sure to do so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom