From Italy to Middle East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stefano84

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello there!

I am Stefano, originally from Italy but currently living in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
My wife and I got the open water and advanced certification last year and we put it to practice already in Sicily and Maldives.

Got some bank holidays coming up in mid-May and currently debating between Red Sea or Seychelles.... Any suggestion is welcome!

The Red sea is a real ache to get to from the UAE. My last time doing it (to Marsa Al Salam) It was a 15hr trip. Dxb to Cairo, long layover then Cairo - Hugharda followed by 3 hr bus ride for very average diving.

Given Indonesia is closed, most people heading off to Seychelles or Maldives, which might be my plan at the back end of the year too

The Red sea is a real ache to get to from the UAE. My last time doing it (to Marsa Al Salam) It was a 15hr trip. Dxb to Cairo, long layover then Cairo - Hugharda followed by 3 hr bus ride for very average diving.

Really? I just saw reasonable flights to Sharm el Sheik, around half the price of flying to Seychelles. I am more inclined towards Red Sea mainly because I expect the trip cost to be significantly cheaper (and also because I was in Maldives last year).

Welcome to SB and the UAE

Really? I just saw reasonable flights to Sharm el Sheik,

Which airline?

Personally I'd prefer to fly to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and do unlimited shore diving

Air Egypt with layover in Cairo

Ah okay, so not direct.

In the past there were direct flights from Dubai to Sharm on Egypt Air once a week, and I think from Sharjah on Air Arabia, but obviously not profitable enough otherwise they would still be running them.

Given Indonesia is closed, most people heading off to Seychelles or Maldives, which might be my plan at the back end of the year too
Arent you able to fly directly to Sharm El Sheikh?

15 Hours seems like a long trip considering UAE is pretty close to Sinai

Arent you able to fly directly to Sharm El Sheikh?

15 Hours seems like a long trip considering UAE is pretty close to Sinai

When I last went, Sharm was still closed and we were wanting to dive the south. Even so in Pre Covid Times Indonesia was much easier to get too and much much better diving, so no brainer.

I'm contemplating a few days of Red sea diving from Jeddah later this year when we go for the F1 GP, but only because I can't see Indonesia being open.

Generally I'm over teh Red sea, it was nice when I was new to diving, but it no longer does it for me now.

When I last went, Sharm was still closed and we were wanting to dive the south. Even so in Pre Covid Times Indonesia was much easier to get too and much much better diving, so no brainer.

I'm contemplating a few days of Red sea diving from Jeddah later this year when we go for the F1 GP, but only because I can't see Indonesia being open.

Generally I'm over teh Red sea, it was nice when I was new to diving, but it no longer does it for me now.
Are you taking around December?

Only GP races in the relative area i can see are in the UAE or in Saudi

Are you taking around December?

Only GP races in the relative area i can see are in the UAE or in Saudi
Yes

Abu Dhabi is of course my local race, easy to get to

The New Jeddah one in Saudi is 2 weeks before it, and hoping to pop over to that one too, since its little effort and marginal cost

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom