From Florida to SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allenjs86

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys just moved back to South Carolina after living away and abroad with the Navy. I really wanna dive around SC i live in sumter and from what i can tell people here cant spell scuba. If anyone needs a dive buddy let me know i gotta get back in the water. Florida had some nice spots like the springs. i just need air in the tank and we can roll.

Bout time some one else from the palmetto state showed up! I live in florence so were pretty close, i'm good to dive pretty much any weekend. I've been using coastal scuba for charters mostly as well as bill routh at lake jocassee. Also interested in the springs, just let me know i've got all my own gear including tanks so i can leave a the drop of a hat

Little late to the party, but let me know if you need somebody for diving, as I live in Batesburg-Leesville, meaning about 20-30 minutes from Lexington.

There used to be a scuba shop in Sumter - Underwater Adventures. They closed a few years ago, but there are quite a few local divers.

Some places to hit from Sumter include Murrels Inlet/Myrtle Beach (I use Express Watersports out of Murrels Inlet), the Cooper River (blackwater diving- hunt for megalodon teeth), and Lake Murray (Columbia Scuba can assist you with where to dive at Lake Murray).

There is a group out of Augusta GA that dives Lake Thurmond (on the Savannah River) pretty much every weekend. This is a shore dive and perfect if you own your own gear.

Just joined this message board yesterday and have been away from diving for several years but I am excited to be getting back into it. I haven't made any dives in South Carolina yet, but I now live in Hartsville, SC and spend a lot of time in Columbia as well. Would love to get wet anywhere...fresh or salt. Hope to meet some local divers soon.

Upstate SC, we dive every weekend. Jocassee in the summer and keowee in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom