Frist pix with Oly 8080 - East Timor: Mar. 26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Nice rig! Abit of a learning curve from the Oly 5050 with more buttons in slightly different configuration on the Oly housing. The wider angle lens, 7.1mm, allows you to get closer to larger subjects and still get light on them with the on board flash. See feather star and puffer below. The supermacro is as nice as the 5050 and the added megapixels allows for more cropping without loss of clarity.

05-03-25drw092.jpg

05-03-25drw236.jpg

05-03-25drw124.jpg

alcina:
Looking good.

Have you donated your 5050 or is it the backup?

Now that my wife has celebrated her 50th dive, she says she feels comfortable with the SCUBA gear and wants to try some UW phtography. She will be using the 5050. Before long , she will be sharing her pix on SB too. :D

AH! getting some competition from the family, eh?

Great looking, as always Nick!

When the 8080 came on the market lost of people said that w/housing it's going to be so big and bulky....what can you say to that, first hand?

justleesa:
When the 8080 came on the market lost of people said that w/housing it's going to be so big and bulky....what can you say to that, first hand?

Thanks Leesa. Yes the housing is 1/3 again bigger than the PT015. The funkiest part is the lens port which is a big cone with a diameter of ~7 inches in the front. When I pulled it out for the test dive, my dive buddies told me that the lens cap could fill in for a frisbie, if needed. I think it's a case of lens port envy, myself. :wink:

Nice work Nick, I look forward to seeing more from both of you.

Back
Top Bottom