Frigid Greetings From New Hampshire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrick Star

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I received my Open Water Certification seven years ago. It was off the coast of Gloucester, MA, on Groundhog Day, 2014. I have been diving a shockingly few number of times since then. That is about to change..

My Open Water class was a gift from my wife, in anticipation of a March, 2014 trip to Belize with another couple. We agreed to accompany them without really knowing anything about the country. It was only after I started reading about Belize that I learned it was a diving mecca. That got my wheels turning.

When we got to Belize, I dove my brains out for a week. It was amazing. I was the nerdy kid who never missed a Jacques Cousteau special, and here I was, living it. Beauty beyond description.

When we got back to New Hampshire, I swore I would stay with it and advance my diving skills. The less-than-spectacular diving in New England (talk about anti-climactic after Belize) took the wind out of my sails, and one thing after another kept me from going back under the water. Nor did any diving vacations present themselves.

Flash forward seven years. I have just committed to go to Roatan, Honduras on a dedicated diving trip with another friend who happens to be an avid diver, but not until March of 2022. So I have a whole year to get back into it, scrape the rust off, learn new skills, and get more comfortable diving than I ever have been.

Given where my life is now, I think a warm water diving trip or two a year is a distinct possibility going forward. In the meantime, I want to practice and make the best of my local New England dive sites.

I stumbled upon this forum while doing internet searches of some questions I had with an eye toward getting back into it, and I am glad my inquires brought me here. I have been lurking for a few weeks, but now have some questions that I will be posting. I look very forward to your feedback and to being a part of this wonderful community. Thank you.

welcome from NH, there is a dedicated new england group on scuba board, you'll find a handfull of us in there at any given depth (I mean time) if you're interested in diving the lakes around the area drop a line.

Thank you Jay.

I see you are over in Charlestown. Beautiful part of the State. I am not terribly far away, over in Wilmot.

Where do you do the majority of your diving? I have never dove in freshwater, but would certainly try. Sunapee is very close by.

Thank you Jay.

I see you are over in Charlestown. Beautiful part of the State. I am not terribly far away, over in Wilmot.

Where do you do the majority of your diving? I have never dove in freshwater, but would certainly try. Sunapee is very close by.
I do Sunapee, Dublin, Winnepesauke, Spofford, Newfound is my favorite in Bristol, NH. i dive the connecticut river in the summer, its a good dive with good vis some of the time, other times you can't see your feet. I guess the simplist answer is let me know when you are ready and where you'd like to go I am not picky about the water here. it's all green.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom