Friday's (11/21) Maui dive photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I haven't been out diving in a few days due to a howling cold wind out of the North. The ocean here looks like a margarita in a blender :wacko:
With all the scuba diving I do in the Makena area of South Maui I wasn't there this past Wednesday due to the conditions, but this LUCKY TOURIST was for an experience and photo op of a lifetime.
I hate her :eek:ut:

I'm usually not wimpy but what if that thing decided to bite?!?

Hawaiian+Munk+Seal.jpg

No, Humpy hasn't been around for a while. This is one that, like Humpy, has learned to socialize with humans rather than other monk seals. He is 3 yrs old and just starting puberty so he is doing the same thing that gave Humpy his name.

And yes, he has been biting - in a playful, mating sort of way. :D

He was captured on the Big Island and left at Kahoolawe, where they hoped he would meet up with some females of his own kind but he chose to swim over to Maui and play with the tourists instead. They are trying to capture him again but even tho he has an attached transmitter, he keeps outsmarting them.

I'm hoping to run into him for a photo op before turning him in. I should be so lucky!

WOW, i would give just about anything to be that lucky. as always sir, thanks for sharing that pic with us.

steve

I dug This Photo out of my archive. It is a scanned 35mm pic of "Humpy" at Molokini Crater a few years back. I did not take the original.
:wacko:

:nono: I hope Humpy at least bought that person dinner first!!!

Great photo, even if you didn't take the original!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom