Freshwater quarry dives are boring. Nothing to see here, move along

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Video!

I love quarries, almost as much as the ocean.

Sorry, the best 3 minutes of your dive leaves me cold, literally. I live in Philadelphia, will likely never dive Dutch Springs, to each their own.

Both really nice videos. I'd be happy to have either quarry as a local dive site.

Oh, and the first definitely wasn't Portsmouth in the UK as I didn't see any shopping carts or discarded beer cans.

Friendly fish!

Well you answered one of your own questions.. Great place to practice low to zero viz diving. At out local quarry that zero layer you talk about is 30 feet thick from 65 to around 100. Then it opens up very nicely to 150. LY we slowly progressed to the 150 mark and had some really great dives. I think quarry diving can be incredibly rewarding...I would much rather drop to 150 at the local quarry and feel Like I am on Mars vs doing a 80 foot wreck dive. But again that is just me... To each his own.,.LOL

Back
Top Bottom