Fresh water flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveA1

Registered
Reaction score
New dx-1g flooded first time in fresh water pail before dive. At this point reason unknown. Couold not duplicate flooding case only, although vacuum is weak on closing. Camera was dead for 3 days. Dried out and is now working fine. Did I do any damage to internal components of camera that will haunt me in days/ weeks years to come?? Thanks Steve

Sorry to hear about the flooding. You might want to get your camera serviced to ensure that nothing is damaged. As for the housing, check the o-rings and hopefully it won't happen again.

The only thing I think you've got to worry about is the sensor. It might have dried with water spots on it. I would take a photo of a blue sky or a white wall with flash. If there's any abnormalities it'll show up. I flooded my P&S in a pool. baked it at low temp for 2 hours and brought it back from the dead. Used it successfully for 2 more years with no issues.

Thanks for thre response .The o rings were check and brand new- properly siliconed, I sent the camera back to sea sea and when it returns I'll check the sensor Steve

Back
Top Bottom