French Medical Forms??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am doing two dives in France this summer and one in Italy- the companies for France have not asked for medical forms or provided information.

As I cannot read French- I think I have found the links off of one web site- but I am not sure if they are the right ones. Does anyone have links for the generic forms?

Thanks!
Nurse Celeste

bonjour Nurse Céleste,

this is an automatically translated page about medical forms concerning only the French federation which is part of CMAS
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FOR THE FOREIGN PLUNGERS[/FONT]

At first it seems a bit complicated. But if it's only for 2 dives and if you can show a log book with recent dives don't bother too much, ask first to the club in order to know what is expected, depending on the dive profile it can be possible to manage without medical certificate for 1 or 2 dives in specific conditions. Of course, if you want to do all the possible dives , a medical certificate is mandatory.

I don't know what is expected from Padi

regards

Nurse Celeste,
Every time I go back to France to dive, no one asks me for those forms. If you're PADI certified and you arrange your dives through a PADI charter boat, chances are no one will ask for those either, especially if you show recent experience (a.k.a. logbook). Not to put too fine a point on it but what they want to see the most after your C-card is your credit card. If you have trouble with French rules and/or forms, I can help you out. Just PM me I'd be happy to help. Where in France do you plan on diving?

A medical certificate from your own country should be OK. Some centres don't bother checking but many do. I wouldn't take the chance if travelling any distance. The PADI forms provided they are signed by a doctor should be OK. We have UK sport diver medicals and these have never been questioned, even for training dives.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom