Freediving with the Peregrine - help with log bloat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HomeBarista

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Fellow divers and freedivers,
I recently got a Peregrine (wow, I absolutely love what Surface GF is teaching me about diving - thank you for the recommendations!).
Unfortunately, for the first time I encountered a minor issue with it yesterday. I was free diving in the cenotes in Yucatan (in gauge). Afterwards, my dive log was showing some 15 new dive entries, totally bloating the dive log (e.g. 4 scuba dives vs 15 short breathed dives). Instead, I would have hoped for a single session to keep things neat.

How do you navigate this log bloat challenge?
Ideally, I would like to record such an activity as a single freediving session with multiple immersions. And to electronically keep an accurate track of my scuba dives without any manual hassle. How do you navigate this challenge? E.g. through computer settings, through the Shearwater cloud, or through some other dive logging app that syncs seamlessly with the computer.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I should have approximately 50 dives but I lost my logbook and didn't keep a record after. Would that be an issue when trying to go to a liveaboard trip that requires a minimum number of dives? If so, how would you suggest I navigate this?

go to settings and change the amount of time the Peregrine will log off after a dive. Not sure what the longest time is.

In Advanced Configuration 1 you’ll find End Dive Delay, you can set it from 20 to 600 seconds. I’m used to the 10 minute setting (600 seconds) from my Geo 2 so that’s where I set my Peregrine.

Hope that helps,
Erik

Thank you both, very helpful! Indeed, 600 seconds is the max setting on the Peregrine. Should keep the log bloat at bay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom