FREE Special Underwater Photo Seminar @ B&H Photo in NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
B&H Photo-Video

420 Ninth Ave.(Between 33rd & 34th St.)

New York,N.Y. 10001

Special Seminar

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Diving into Imaging: Exploring the Underwater World with your Camera

Speaker: Larry Cohen

Event Type: Photography

Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Location:The B&H Event Space is located on the second floor of our Super Store, located at 420 9th Ave, New York, NY 10001. If you are registered, please arrive at the Event Space entrance 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start.

Roughly 70% of the earth is covered by water, so why limit your photography to only 30% of the Earth? Capturing great images beneath the ocean is with-in your reach as B&H under water photography maven Larry Cohen shows you the equipment you’ll need, and how to get the most out of underwater cameras. This special seminar will cover the entry level cameras that will make snorkeling a photographic safari and lead up to advanced housings and strobes that are sure to make your advanced digital SLR worthy of a Jules Vern photo album.

Making sure you’ve chosen all the right camera gear for your dive is of key importance to getting the most out of your underwater photographic journey. Special emphasis will also be placed on lighting and technique as well as tips and tricks that could take years of experience to discover on your own. Larry is famous for his underwater images and sought after for his extensive knowledge in this special photography niche. Spend an afternoon at the Event Space and feel confident to go under and start shooting the wetter part of the planet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry Cohen
Larry Cohen has worked as a studio and location photographer since the late 70's. His clients included Baccarat Crystal, Fuji, Kodak, Sony, General Electric, Time Warner. His underwater photos have appeared in such publications as Sport Diver, Immersed Magazine, Sub Aqua Journal, and Northeast Dive News, were he is now writing a monthly column. His photos have also appeared in books such as National Audubon Society Field Guide to Tropical Marine Fishes. In order to extend bottom time and to get closer to marine life he now dives with a Closed Circuit Rebreather. Larry is a founding member of the New York Underwater Photo Society. He is a past president and active member of The NYC Sea Gypsies dive club and is on the committee of Oceanblue Divers dive club in Manhattan. At B&H Photo Larry is a technical writer. Visit Larry's site at www.liquidimagesuw.com

If you have any questions please refer to our FAQ or feel free to email eventspace@bhphoto.com.

We look forward to seeing you at the Event Space!

:admingreet:

Welcome and glad you are here. I've purchased many items from you and am always happy with the product and the service!

I registered for this one and another one. How cool. I didn't even know that these were offered.

Dang - won't be anywhere near your location on that date. But would go in a minute if I could

*another happy B&H Photo customer!

Ditto on the thanks for a great shop. Your UW photo organization is bar none the best I've seen on any web portal. Unfortunately I'm no where near you physically though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom