Free parts for life program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mthglt

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to buy a used set of tek 3 and XTX50 regs. They are 10 months old. If I have all the inspections and overhauls done as required, can I still get free parts or is this program available only to the original buyer?

Thank you

P.S. I am in Canada

Not sure but I've heard of other programs like this, often times it has to be the original buyer.

Hi,

I want to buy a used set of tek 3 and XTX50 regs. They are 10 months old. If I have all the inspections and overhauls done as required, can I still get free parts or is this program available only to the original buyer?

Thank you

P.S. I am in Canada

Whether or not they have been registered MAY make a difference.

Keyshunter is correct. It is only available to the original owner.

Why is that? Cheers.

I would also like to know the answer to this question which has gone unanswered until now. If I am the original owner and I went through the expense (yes expense, since the regs cost considerably more from an authorised dealer) to buy them through the authorised dealer route, and I did register them as you have asked. Then assuming I did all the necessary yearly services at an authorised technician's workshop, why am I penalized when I sell them?

The second owner is too. They won't benefit of my doing the right thing and having a proven record of it!

Please answer this question. There is a lot of 'silt' floating around about this and as Apeks lovers and consumers, we should have a right to know why properly maintained gear sold as 2nd hand/used gear is no longer covered...

Thank you in advance for your clear answer as we all await to know.

Regards,
Chadmeister

p.s. your answer will make the difference on whether I will end up buying a new Apeks set from your dealers in the UAE (that are grossly over priced) or online from an "Authorized Dealer" that can easily ship it my hotel when I'm in Europe! The irony of this whole thing is that if I can afford to scuba (an expensive hobby) in the UAE, I can also buy myself a ticket to Europe, enjoy a weekend and buy the gear detaxed and probably on sale, CHEAPER.

I see these programs as a more of a benefit to the repair shops than to Apeks - sell our products with a free parts for life program that is void as soon as you skip a year, and we'll send you a steady stream of customers getting their regs serviced at double or more the industry averages.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom