Free GoPro mount.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
20130906_154413.jpg this is my new GoPro mount and some lights, cost was $0.0 (junk from garage). will have to experiment on light source location to limit back scatter. and I do not know bouyancy yet. if it is to light I will just add a bit of lead. it is a plastic junction box and bunji.:D

the lights will also face front. anyone know if the included mounts will hold up to sea water?

I believe the included sticky mounts will hold up to sea water provided the surface was properly cleaned before attaching. I would attach a small cord or lanyard from the junction box/pole to the camera mount as an added precaution just in-case. That's what I did.

Though you mount looks a little wild, it does look like it will do the job. Watch for the buoyancy. If its too heavy or too light, it will be a pain to control. Also make sure your lights or camera are aimed correctly.

Good luck

This is my setup using PVC parts and a sticky mount:

TrayFinalfront.jpg

I have safety lanyards attached to my lights, GoPro, Red Filter, and one that attaches from my BC to the Tray itself.

Last edited:
I have used my sticky mounts on about 30 dives so far. They hold like someone welded gopros to my 2 hander tray. I do, however take precautions by keeping my camera ALWAYS attached via secondary safe line... a 40lbs fishing metal line.

I believe the included sticky mounts will hold up to sea water provided the surface was properly cleaned before attaching. I would attach a small cord or lanyard from the junction box/pole to the camera mount as an added precaution just in-case. That's what I did.

Though you mount looks a little wild, it does look like it will do the job. Watch for the buoyancy. If its too heavy or too light, it will be a pain to control. Also make sure your lights or camera are aimed correctly.

Good luck

This is my setup using PVC parts and a sticky mount:

TrayFinalfront.jpg

I have safety lanyards attached to my lights, GoPro, Red Filter, and one that attaches from my BC to the Tray itself.

What are you using for light mounts?

Doh!

Thanks for the link.

I saw you were selling your GP gear, did you move to something else?

Doh!

Thanks for the link.

I saw you were selling your GP gear, did you move to something else?

Yeah, the GoPro was a great and affordable introduction into underwater video filming. I learned quite a bit while using it and have become more even interested on the subject. I'm stepping up to a compact camera setup. More expensive but gives me more versatility.

Back
Top Bottom