FREE Dive Master Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alessandro Calello

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,

Me and my girlfriend we would like to do a FREE Dive Master course/Internship, we are both OWD and we would like to make of Diving our carreer, we are looking for a Dive Centre to offer a 2/3 months course where we will become Masters and to do all the courses we need, like Padi Rescue Diver etc.

We already searched all over the net but we found some very expensive ones, we would like your help, to find a FREE Internship in which we should pay only for Padi fees, part of the equipment, like Diving computer, books etc and in case the accommodation and food.

So I really need the help of all of you in the community to help us out.

Thanks to all of you in advance for your time and support.

Off the top of my head I doubt you'd find any place that would give you Rescue Diver and it's prerequisites (CPR & at least Adventure Diver--which in most cases usually means AOW) for free, as these are not professional courses. As for the DM course itself, I believe some places give you an internship and you work for free for them for a while to pay it off. Now, you also must consider that while this sort of set up is apparently offered at quite a few places for the Instructor course, a vast majority of shops don't pay DMs, so it wouldn't make sense to offer the course in exchange for free labour--since certified DMs amazingly do this for free anyway (or tips if doing charters).

I'm sure you'll get the usual replies about 0-24 dives logged is way too few to be thinking of DM. Good luck.

Actually - the place I'm doing my DM training does give ALL courses for free.

But there is about zero chance I'd chose to go down that route. For the free training and courses (inlcuding a suunto eos computer), you have to clean pools, pull weeds out of the lake and do other menial stuff. Add up the hours and I'm pretty sure you would be better off working minimum wage. I certainly would't do it. After the "internship" you would be an expert at diving in lakes.

If free is your thing then do it. I'd rather work my job personally. But it's designed for university students so may work for them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom