Frederiksted, St Croix dive op and room suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weaponeer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The wife and I are planning a week-long January 2008 dive trip, and think St Croix would be a great change of scenery. We normally do Cozumel this time of year. We love diving walls, wrecks and reef, so we know we'll have a great experience in St Croix. We are AOW and Nitrox certified. Deepest dive 100 fsw. Our primary trip objective is diving. Sight-seeing is secondary. We do not plan on renting a car for the week. Any suggestions based on my statements below would be greatly appreciated.

Room
West-end location preferred. Luxury, pampered accommodations are unnecessary, but comfort is very important, as are nice bathroom facilities - the wife is picky. We'd probably only use a pool to swim laps. Daily breakfast included, frig and coffee maker in room required. Within walking distance to restaurants, pubs, shops. We think the west-end would be nice for us because we don't want crowds and noise. C'sted seems too crowded for our taste. We hope F'sted will have all the conveniences without the crowd.

Dive Op
West-end operator preferred, making pick-up and drop-off easy if we are staying in Frederiksted. No cattle cars. Looking to make 5 days of 2-tank boat dives, shore and/or night dives optional. Operator will provide boat trips to reef, wreck and wall sites (weather permitting) during our week of diving. We will use our own gear, but require tanks and weights from operator. Surface interval lunch/snack provided a plus.

Basically a low key, no frills, comfortable, enjoyable vacation focused on the dives. We can book flight+hotel and add dive package, or hotel+dive package and add flight, whatever works to keep price reasonable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I did not see any replies to your questions. My wife and I are planning a trip to St Croix in May so I am interested in your conclusions.

Hope you have a great trip.

The dive shop you want to hook up with is N2 the Blue N2 The Blue :Dive St Croix, Scuba St Croix, St Croix dive shops, scuba dive packages to St. Croix, scuba dive virgin islands- Give them a call, talk with Derrick or Anne Marie and they’ll help you with all your diving requirements and requests. 1-866-712-2583

There are really only three dive operators over in Frederiksted SCUBA (the cattle car you mentioned) and Scuba West (another 6 pack operator). We’ve dove several hundred times with Derrick and Anne, perhaps a half-dozen with SCUBA and never with Scuba West.

One of the nice things about staying in Frederiksted is the Frederiksted Pier. A GREAT DIVE SITE. An easy kick-out dive...day or night. It is right at 90’ deep at the deepest and less than twenty where the diving ends. If you’d like to see some pictures and short videos of our diving on St. Croix send us an e-mail stcroix2@gmail.com and we’ll send you the link. We absolutely fell in love with diving on St. Croix.

Sorry about not having any information about Frederiksted lodging. We always intended on stopping by the Frederiksted Hotel to look things over, but never got that accomplished.

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom