FP triple fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow..

Three dead including the guide. I wonder what happened and if we'll ever find out.

Sketchy details released only so far as the FP police would be doing an investigation. The only info I found was one of the two russians panicked and somehow all three ran out of air trying to assist and get out.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone has details on the dive site. I find it hard to believe they entered an actual underwater cave (by the definition we normally use) on a dive to 60 meters. That would be a very serious technical dive. I assume (hope???) it was a swim-through or arch that should have been easily entered and exited.

Just going to 60 meters, with or without an overhead environment, is a serious dive. If I am going that deep, I am going to be wearing full tech gear, breathing trimix, and carrying at least one decompression bottle. Is this dive done with single tank recreational gear? (Yes, I know that is done in places.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom