Fourth Element Xenos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHSDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am in need of a high quality 5 mm suit. Does anyone have an opinion of the FE Xenos? Or another recommendation? I have been using an AL Aquaflex 3mm but found I need something warmer for quarries and caverns.

I cant speak for the Xenos but myself and several friends I know have used the Proteus and had very bad luck with the stitching on the seams coming apart especially on the arm and leg cuffs. I was not very impressed and have never bought another since but who knows maybe they have fixed this issue. My go to is O'Three (another UK company one province over from FE)

I have been using an AL Aquaflex 3mm but found I need something warmer for quarries and caverns.

What about the AL aquaflex 5mm? That's my wetsuit too and i am pretty happy with it.

I have friends who like Henderson Thermaxx.

everal friends I know have used the Proteus and had very bad luck with the stitching on the seams coming apart especially on the arm and leg cuffs

Is this with the original Proteus or the Proteus II?

My original Proteus 5 and 3mm suits held up pretty well.

The newer Proteus II mostly on the wrist cuffs

I have seen it happen to 3 different people.

But that being said they are very nice looking wetsuits. I guess your experience may vary

he newer Proteus II mostly on the wrist cuffs

Glad I found that the new Waterproof W7 5mm fits me then as I almost went for the Proteus II to replace my older one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom