Fourth Element gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
K having recently upgraded my dry suit from a DUI CF200X to a Fusion Bullet(fantastic suit by the way), my original undies the xeotherm arctics were getting cold under my cf200(due to me living in a jungle for ten months, and not being adjusted to the cold anymore) and I purchased heavier undies the MK2 package (nice undies) with the fusion, which I have now used twice but am not a huge fan of the one piece undersuits, and the generous cuts to keep the range of motion. I am now considering going back to fourth element but the subx garments.

Does anyone dive the subx under a fusion? Are they to bulky to fit under the tight fitting fusion? From seeing them on the net they do not look any more bulky then the DUI 400g, and they look a lot less bulky then the weezle suits though, which are way to puffy, although I know guys who wear them underneath fusions though(but are compressible).

Also what is a typical weight increase on these? Are we talking like 10 pounds in fresh water or something?

Any thoughts?

Steve

Hi there,
I bought a sub x set up for my fusion a few months and had one problem. The tightness of the legs led to the bottoms being bunched around my knees and made for an uncomfortable dive. I ended up buying a set of smaller bottoms and haven't had a problem. If you were to order the fourth element stuff, I'd recommend getting a set of bottoms that are super close to your height.

Valid point on the sizing. I figured that would happen with the weezles as well considering they are so bulky. How did you find the weighting with the fusion and the subx undies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom