found this the other night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
My friend Drew found this the other night, we where both in the water drift diving and the sun had gone down we should have been in the boat on the way back, but sometimes you just can't get out of the water.
All that was showing was one fluke so we had to dig and dig to get it out of the sand and stones, all the time I was hoping that their was not going to be any chain. We put 2- 100 lbs bags and filled are bcd's and brought it to the surface, took maybe 10 minutes to get it out and up.

Attachments

• DSCN7733.jpg
    DSCN7733.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 277
cool .....and it looks in great shape ..nice find

My friend Drew found this the other night, we where both in the water drift diving and the sun had gone down we should have been in the boat on the way back, but sometimes you just can't get out of the water.
All that was showing was one fluke so we had to dig and dig to get it out of the sand and stones, all the time I was hoping that their was not going to be any chain. We put 2- 100 lbs bags and filled are bcd's and brought it to the surface, took maybe 10 minutes to get it out and up.

Very cool! Is there anything specific to the design of the anchor that can date it? I found one almost identical to that out here in Okinawa not too far from the remains of a wreck that is so demolished that only part of a debris field remains. I have always wondered about the age and origin of the anchor.

SWEET!
I am jealous.....
Chug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom