Found some goodies!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I-want-gills

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We got some intel from the locals about a "cenote" deep in the mayan jungle, there are no roads to it and is not easily accesible. It took us 2 days hiking 6 hours daily to get there (I know, you all want the coordinates.........just wait). The place .....AMAZING!!! max depth is 70 feet, viz incredible, no roads to get there so the whole place for us. We found some "goodies" to say the least. No shiny metals unfortunately, but several ceramic pieces and a couple jade thingies, I am sure there is more, but with one tank each there was not much to do. Now the question is.......is there a law in Mexico to regulate this findings? can we keep it? can we bring it with us back home?

Check here

and

hear

The basic just is no you cant take it with you and you are obligated to disclose your findings to the local authorities. Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!!!

Sorry, I take artifacts and leave bubbles. My garage is full my basement is full and my yard is full. Oh and I found this today. Merc 4 blade 30p

Attachments

• DSCN6145.jpg
    DSCN6145.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 141
But ... wait to post pics until after you leave the country. No head shots and no way to get your self extradited would also be apropos.

Well, we did some research, apparently you can get in major trouble at the airport if the goodies are found. We are considering a donation to a local museum. We just came back from a second trip, this time we rented a couple ATVs, we took 12 tanks and explored the whole thing including a cave (20 feet long, can be called a cave?) inside the cenote. We found more artifacts and evidence of a collapsed wall that might be covering more goodies. We are heading back there on the 21st to stay until the 25th. Wait for pics

Or let some anthropologists survey it and do their science stuff and maybe learn something

Back
Top Bottom