Found: Mares dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there, on a recent trip to the Red Sea, I found a Mares dive computer during one of my dives. I'm wondering if there's any way to try and trace the owner of this dive comp - I know if I lost mine, I'd be ever so pleased to get it back. Is there some kind of serial number that might be registered against the owner's details? Is there any data within the computer I could look up to help me track down the person? Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks,

Esther

Hi Esther, do you know what model computer it is? In some of our newer computers, there is a section called ICE which is a place to put your emergency info into. Maybe its there.

Very considerate of you to try and get it back to the owner!

Hi Zak, it's an M1. I've not noticed a section called ICE in there, but I may not have been looking in the right place...

Thanks,

Esther

Ok.. the M1 is an older model that does not have the ICE feature. Looks like you have a new treasure / back up computer. You can forward me the serial number and I can try to find the original purchaser, but due to the age of the computer it is possible it won't come up. I am happy to try though.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom