Found: A Neoprene glue that works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The inner seams of my booties were rubbing my heels to the point they would bleed. So, I cut up an old wetsuit and glued the pieces in the heel pocket of the booties.

It didn't help the rubbing issue, but what I did discover is that Loctite Stik'n Seal Outdoor Adhesive works fantastic for gluing neoprene to neoprene. 25 dives and the adhesive is still holding strong.

Here's a link to Loctite, which I found at Home Depot:

Loctite Stik'n Seal Outdoor Adhesive from Loctite Adhesives

I ended up buying new booties.

I wear socks inside my wetsuit booties. I wear socks inside my drysuit booties. I wear socks inside my shoes. I wear socks inside the house.

I wear socks inside my wetsuit booties. I wear socks inside my drysuit booties. I wear socks inside my shoes. I wear socks inside the house.

Reminds me of an old poem....

How about inside your sandals or Crocs? Nice, black, knee-length ones when you wear shorts?

I wear socks in the snow or with formal attire, that's about it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about that.....
I live in Florida, so while you're wearing socks.
I'll be diving in a skin & 2mm shorty.:D

Do you wear them while eating green eggs and ham Sam I am. :D

You guys kill me:rofl3:

I tried wearing the thin (lined) diving socks in conjunction with the boot modification. The socks made it easier to get the boots on, but didn't help with the rubbing on my heels.

Have you considered that your heel strap may be too tight?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom