Fossilling with the Chapman's Tuesday, December 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't find any of those :( - but I did get a nice haul of regular ones :wink:

WTHeck - you got some good stuff there. This was your first time right?

Hey Mike - you think you might be around Venice a day or so before this Tuesday? Was wondering, if you were, if you could have a look at the water for us. Also, depending on how your feeling, you know you are more than welcome to join us that goes w/o saying.:D

WTHeck - you got some good stuff there. This was your first time right?

Hey Mike - you think you might be around Venice a day or so before this Tuesday? Was wondering, if you were, if you could have a look at the water for us. Also, depending on how your feeling, you know you are more than welcome to join us. :D

I'll check on the beach for ya and give a conditions/weather report and dive predictions monday evening. Depending on how I'm feeling I may join y'all. Have you decided which beach you'll be diving?

I'll check on the beach for ya and give a conditions/weather report and dive predictions monday evening. Depending on how I'm feeling I may join y'all. Have you decided which beach you'll be diving?

FixIt left it to me and I decided on Alahambra - seems everyone likes it there so it was a no-brainer.

As requested by Tracey (MissD), I drove down to Venice to get a first hand look at Alhambra. I haven’t been there since early last summer, and was surprised to discover the big white drainage pipe completely covered over with sand. Any way here are the conditions today @1200:
Wind Direction – Northeast
Wind Speed – 15-20 MPH
Tide – incoming, water still pretty low
Surf – 3 ft rollers breaking on the sandbar
Water temp – according to NOAA station at the Venice pier 66 F on the surface
Air Temp – 65 F
Water color – milky green out past the second bar

Here are the predictions for tomorrow based on previous reports, personal observations and forecast:
Wind Direction – East
Wind Speed – 10-15 MPH
The tide will be incoming most of the day, with a short lull of the current around 1400
Surf - ~ 1 ft
Water temp – 64-65 F
Viz &#8211; Beach to second bar: < 1 ft
Bar to blocks: ~ 2 ft
Blocks out to 20 FSW: 5-7 ft .

Last edited:
Mike thanks big time. I appreciate your checking. So since we are going out past the blocks 5-7 is good for me.

Are you coming with tomorrow?

No, sorry, I'm not gonna make it. My father-in-law is coming over for the holidays, so we have a ton of things to do, and diving isn't one of them. I might need to sneek out for a dive while he's here though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom