Forum format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsmoke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

First let me state that I am by no means an IT pro. I like this site and I have some questions.

I have noticed a similar format of forums lately to this one. I am a restaurant owner and subscribe to a few restaurant forums. As is the norm, the restaurant industry seems to be a little behind the curve when it comes to anything computers. There is so much data here and it's very well organized. Is this something that scubaboard has developed or is this something that the forums that I subscribe to might be able to take advantage of as well?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what I'm talking about either, but I think it is an off the shelf type product called vBulletin. I believe that there are several versions and various patches (mostly written by 13 year old kids) that can expand the capabilities beyond the base model.

Just look at the bottom of the page...