Suggestion Forum for dive planning software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
dbombtek

dbombtek

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
In a place where most divers are eco conscious communicate freely and realize that information and training are the most important things to saving lives I find it interesting that we dont have a dedicated forum for diving software. Nice things would be a good program to download from your pdc, a dive planner for air or nitrox for dummies with a nice pretty graph at the end. Im not willing to pay for most of these programs because I could do the same thing in excel or set up a database for web to use these with a few pretty pictures in the background. Maby even something to pull tides and weather even water temps for areas. Im not really looking for anything im happy hitting the water with the gauges for most dives but with the way tech is going we need more interobility between equipment especially the electronic parts because they usually have the most bugs. Sorry im really on a rant about nothing if you have ideas im sure there are some really smart people on here who can whip something together.
My hat is off to PaulSmithTEk for taking the time to work on something like this.
Do we have any Linux or freeBSD fans on here? They will probally be your best bet because of their experiences with free os software.

PS im not bashing what we dont have just suprised that we dont and thrilled with what we do have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom