Forgotten Predator's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyTom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has Shearwater abandoned the Predator? I've emailed them and been told that a new firmware was coming soon. That was many, many months ago. Has anyone heard any news/rumors about when, if ever, we will see a new firmware released? I love my Predator and plan on using it for many years.

My answer to your question is, I don't know.
But it raised another question, to me, why is a new firmware needed right now?

Predators have not been abandoned. We are still working on another firmware version release. Final testing is very intensive and time consuming but engineering has told me we are nearing the final stages. My best guess is that there will be a new version, with new features and some fixes, before the end of March.

Lynn Partridge

As mentioned in Shearwater's FAQ's that there was a possibility of third parties developing a logging app for the iPad.. None so far on my iPad search or am I missing something?

Predators have not been abandoned. We are still working on another firmware version release. Final testing is very intensive and time consuming but engineering has told me we are nearing the final stages. My best guess is that there will be a new version, with new features and some fixes, before the end of March.

Lynn Partridge

Will a tissues graph and-or gauge mode be included? Will Predator controllers be included?

As mentioned in Shearwater's FAQ's that there was a possibility of third parties developing a logging app for the iPad.. None so far on my iPad search or am I missing something?

Yeah, it's by eDiver -- search for Petrel Log Manager. They changed the name, but still works for Predators. EDIT - at least I THINK there is an apple version out. Not sure.

Jax

Still thinks the Petrel should have been named "Alien".

Lynn Partridge

Thank you you for the update. Looking forward to seeing the new features.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2014 at 12:11 AM ----------

Shearwater says the Bluetooth chip used in the Predator is not compatible with iPad/iPhone, but is compatible with Android devices.

Last edited:
I hope they put back the clear dive log feature so I can get rid of all the annoying 3 minute dives I have logged.

Rgds Nick.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom