Force Fins size with special boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nerdalmighty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

I met an instructor on a wreck dive last week, who was using the Force Fins and seemed very fund of them as well as looking quite good with them underwater. Googleing force fins after I returned home, I found that many on this great board seems to be very pleased with them, so I decided that I had to get a pair :D

I found a single reseller in Denmark who sold them and bought the Adjustable ones, which I thought would fit my wetsuit boots. Unfortunately the heel pocket was to narrow to fit at all. I went back to the store with the wetsuit boots to exchange them for a Force Fin Pro model in the correct size.

Usually a size XL fin fits, but the Force Fin Pro in that size was much to small. The XL was the biggest he had in and he said he wouldnt be restocking larger sizes for at least a month. As the end of the wetsuit diving season in denmark is getting closer by the day, I want to get my Force Fins as soon as possible, and figured the fastest way would be to order them directly from forcefin.com

I'm a bit concerned about ordering them from the US if the size turns out not to fit, sending things back and forth over the atlantic isn't exactly ideal, so I was hoping someone here might be able to help me get the right size on the first try. I'm looking to buy the Force Fin Pro which is on sale at the moment.

The boots I have, which I really like and would hate to give up, are the Seasoft TI Stealth in a size L or 10 (wasnt allowed to include a URL). The heel is quite thick and approximately 8,5 centimeters in width at the widest point. The front of the boot is about 11 centimeters at the widest.

The XL I tried on was much too small, so I'm thinking that perhaps an XXXL will fit ? Does anyone have the same boots or the foot pocket measurements of the Force Fin Pro in XXL and XXXL ?

Thank you in advance

Claes, Denmark

Last edited:
I am familiar with this boot, I have a pair from Pinnacle that is very similar. XXL is too small, again primarily too narrow. However, the XXXL is enormous, think flyfishing wader boot big. Most likely too big. The 3XL is closer to what you would expect the 4XL to be and there is a big gap between 2XL and 3XL.

Easiest option is to get boots with thinner soles. I (size 13) wear a 3mm sock or thin soled with a XL or XXL with a comfort instep, and I can fit a XXL with my drysuit (just barely though).

Option 2) You can get the 3XL, it will fit, but you'll want a pair of comfort insteps to make sure they fit reasonably.

Option 3) Look into the SD-1 Military

Option 4) Get the Adjustable's big brother , the Float Tube Fin.

Option 5) XXL and modify the soles of your boot. Get your electric sander out and grind the edges of the sole. The problem is mostly at the outer edge, if you chamber it off some you can get it to fit, still tight but it can be done. although it can be done, I don't recommend this one, even if you get them to fit they will be tight and you won't get the full performance of the fin due to a poor fit, too loose is acceptable, too tight is not.

Thanks for your quick reply meesier42,

I think I'm gonna go with option number 2. I really do like the boots I have now, as there's often lots of rocks at the sites I dive at (and they were a bit expensive too :wink: If I can fit my current boot in the 3XL with a comfort instep, I think that would be the best solution for me, the combined price at the current pro-sale is still lower than the adjustable ones I got at first.

The Military SD-1 fins looks great, but is a bit too expensive for me, especially considering that I don't have a clue if I even like using Force Fins, and I'm definitely not gonna start cutting in the boots I have now, I'd properly just mess that up and ruin them completely :)

Anyway, thanks for your help. Now I just hope for a fast delivery and a lucky perfect fit :)

I'll be sure to return to this thread with my discoveries when I get the fins.

Thank you Blair Mott,

Quite the service looking into orders from threads like this :) Will be looking very much forward to trying them on, hopefully in the water too this time :)

Just got my fins yesterday, after some unfortunate delay at customs. The size XXL that I had Blair change my original order into, fits absolutely perfect with my size 10 SeaSoft Stealth TI boots with its thick sole :D

The back of the boot sticks out about to fingers on the back of the fin, and the bungie sits nice and tight. Couldn't be much better, so won't even be needing the comfort insteps for my regular boots.

Only crappy part is the fact that the weather this weekend is gonna blow, so can't get into the water and try them on for real :depressed:

These are definitely the funniest looking fins I've ever seen, can't wait to se the look on my fellow divers faces when I show up in these :D

Picture below of the fit.

img0736o.jpg

Nerdalmighty, Why worry what your friends will think. You now have a Aquatic Fin. I would bet they are diving in Terrestris Fins. Force Fin Have fun with your Smart Fin, Force Fin. Best, Bob

When I lived in the Cayman Islands, I met my wife on a dive boat and I had a pair of yello pro Force Fins. They are a great fin and I am sure that you will have many great dives.

Well, I'm not so sure about the chick/wife-magnet part, but I'm sure I'll have lots of great dives with them :D

And I don't really worry about what anyone think of how they look, as long as they're great underwater. If so, I'll probably even be able to get a few buddies to join the force.

Btw, was that phrase by any chance the main reason for naming the fins "force" ? :)

Back
Top Bottom