Force fin screw problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WAI SHING LUNG

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to replace the shockcord screw mount for my force fin, but find one of the screw is very tight to the screw nut . Any suggestion to loosen it?

I would like to replace the shockcord screw mount for my force fin, but find one of the screw is very tight to the screw nut . Any suggestion to loosen it?
Move over to our manufactor site and plenty of advice. Called lock tight. Thank you.

I had to drill out a screw on a pair of Pros so that I could install bungie straps. I could not believe how difficult it was. I think the problem was that I couldn't get a hold of the backing/nut

Last edited:
I had to drill out a screw on a pair of Pros so that I could install bungie straps. I could not believe how difficult it was. I think the problem was that I couldn't get a hold of the backing/nut
yes, I can drill out three of them but the otger one is very tight and it cause the screw get stripped. I have used a saw to make the screw become flathead and try again but still cant hold the back nut properly. I will buy a locking pliers to try again

Same problem here. They are set initially with Locktight and must be "tapped to break the glue. I have two that I can't get to release. No way to get inside and hold secure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom