Force Fin Collectibles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Cleaning out a warehouse of Force Fin History. Personally it is very amazing to see how many molds I made and all the different fin designs. It's been over seven years since I worked in my work shop at 715 Kimbal Street, Santa Barbara, California. Force fin is growing, but it is time to share American Force Fin History. Enjoy. Collectible – Extra Force Mold 164 with Tan Delta Fin Made in it – Force Fin

Attachments

• IMG_4060-fw.jpg
    IMG_4060-fw.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4011.jpg
    IMG_4011.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 281
Only one fin? What is this, underwater NASCAR? :)

You can own the first Excellerating Force fin mold and a Tan Delta Blue Excellerating blade. Named Water Force at first. This is likely the first mold made for the product. This wonderful fin was made for Captian Billy Deans, who was a leader in the Tek Diving World, Key West Divers. The single fins were to stiff to sell, yet to beautiful to toss out. Plus we paid the production cost. Collectible – Water Force made 11-3-95 – Force Fin

Attachments

• IMG_4064-fw.jpg
    IMG_4064-fw.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4014.jpg
    IMG_4014.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 252
Kind of interesting the lack of interest in my tooling. Yesterday we recycled over $30,000 worth of tooling for cash $125.60. Dumped all the other companies fins in the trash. Was a larege collection going back to the early 1940"s. Found many OPS and Fab Force fin blades that I will sell. Mean while back at the ranch ..the dumpster says FEED ME..... Special Stuff – Force Fin

Attachments

• IMG_4090-fw.png
    IMG_4090-fw.png
    738.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4095.png-fw.png
    IMG_4095.png-fw.png
    480.8 KB · Views: 245
Found 13 pairs of Military SD-1 Fab Force in storage. Super rare find. Will take better pictures and longer story. Will never make again due to many factors.Will up load on forcefin.com later. Special Stuff – Force Fin
Those SD-1 look so nice Bob! I'd be interested in a pair if/when you ever decide to sell them. What made them special to the military market in general?

Those SD-1 look so nice Bob! I'd be interested in a pair if/when you ever decide to sell them. What made them special to the military market in general?
Thanks, I looked over the 14 pairs and they have a velcro strap system. We later made a change without using the velcro. It was hard to adjust strap length quickly...but other than than they are super cool and special. Each pair is worth thousands of dollars, but will offer a fair price. Found others with clear blades and will post those also. I took pictures of the strap system and the cool recycle non-slip bottom. Special Stuff – Force Fin

Attachments

• sdi-fw.png
    sdi-fw.png
    859.2 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4106-fw.png
    IMG_4106-fw.png
    685.8 KB · Views: 235
  • sd1002.jpg
    sd1002.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 237
  • sd1001-fw.png
    sd1001-fw.png