Force air drying of the loop.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentCe

Contributor
Reaction score
Getting my Inspiration counterlungs and hoses nice and dry seems to be almost impossible. I'm thinking about getting a small 12v brushless fan to blow air through the loop to dry it out. The reason for 12v is to permit running the fan off a spare set of NiMH batteries when remote (and via a simple 120v->12v transformer when at home).

After my nightly cleaning I would reassemble except for one hose connection and temp connect the two canister hoses together so I can keep the electronics in my room. Attach the fan to one end and force air through the entire loop.

Has anyone tried this? :idea:

As I live in the tropics nothing realy dries here and things go moldy real fast. But after a trip I just leave the head hanging near to (but not directly) the aircon overnight. It dries it out nicely.

The lungs and hoses are just too hard to dry out and as long as they have been cleaned well before then there is normally no problem.

The trick is to dive so often the unit never gets dry:) :D

I know a few people use modified hairdryers (Tom Mount) to dry their heads but I dont know how effective they would be for hoses and lungs.

This super high-tech system that I have engineered has everything dry in about 4 hours ...

drying.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom