For those of you who were wondering about me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Some of you may have noticed i havent really been posting alot recently but mainly that has been to do with school and being busy, but also some medical to.

Some of you all from the board who i met out at CSSP a while back know that over the summer i had some medical difficulties while working camp staff on possum kingdom lake that cause me to end up in the hospital for a couple of days, and that since then i had been doing so so, it really just depended on the day. Well after having a couple of test about a month ago and meeting with various doctors & surgeons and some causing needless running around and delays, but finally today it was settled and that on tuesday of next week(tuesday) i will being having surgury to go into and clean up the reconnection of the first resection i had back in 2001. according to the surgeon and how i have done in the past i should be in the hospital for about a week and then at home recovering for 1-2 and then be pretty much to be able to get up and around and 100% in a month. So with all of this i wont be diving for a while but since the season is over it so i will be diving probably in april of next year unless i go to cozy sometime after new years.

Also Kevin and parrot headiver thats for the concern and asking or PM'ing me on how i was feeling that really meant alot, reason i wasnt saying a whole lot on here is that i really didnt have any answers to the questions i had and i didnt want things just hanging in the air.

Tooth

Well I don't know you,,,,but welcome back on the board and wish you all the best in your medical situation!

Good to hear you're hangin' around again! Hopefully, we'll meet each other face to face some time next summer.

We'll be praying for you.

Hi Tooth,
We've never met face to face, but I have read enough of your posts to know that you are a sincere, helpful, and enthusiastic person- I do hope that your medical problems are all cleared up by this surgery, that you are able to move on and never look back after all this is over. Medical problems can be very depressing and frustrating, I do pray that you will be completely healed and restored to health!

Foo

Scubatooth, another one who has never had the pleasure of meeting you ... but I do hope your surgery goes well and the rehab time is short and successful. Heal fast and hope to meet you next spring.
cheers,

Best of luck, Scubatooth. Hope your rehab goes well. :thumb:

Hey tooth....glad to hear from ya! Hang tight, hopefully this surgery will do the trick. If ya need anything, just let us know.

Tony LOL, i had forgotten about that picture (thats from pk last year right), and that fits my personality to a T.

also forgot to mention for those of you in the dallas area who are wondering which hospital(since there are just a few), im going to be at Zale Lipshy which is the same area as Parkland and childrens medical center(which is where my GI Doctor is, and faculty for UTSW ), basically were the UT southwestern medical school complex is in Dallas.

as for the rehab it shouldn't be all that bad should be just a couple of weeks at home after that so it isnt all that bad and it wont take away from the christmas holiday, but for thanksgiving i will be on the slow side.

Tooth

just as a little FYI if i start posting say late wednesday or thursday and they are totally incoherent just ignore them as it the drugs speaking and i will try to clean them up when i can think correctly without hte drugs speaking for me.

Back
Top Bottom